Often forgotten but more important than ever is the Marketing section of the franchisee audit. Based on our research, the franchisee success on the Marketing audit, especially the section on planning, can actually predict growth. Based on popular demand, we did an extensive review of over 50 audit questionnaires from a half-dozen industries and came up with the best Marketing questions for you to add to your annual audit checklist.
- Exterior signage, clean, illuminated and in “like new” condition.
- Menu panels, clean and and in “like new” condition.
- Store decorated appropriately for the season.
- Television clean, in good working order, and playing approved images and footage only.
- All national campaign elements are present and in-store POP follows brand standards, placement guidelines and is clean with no damage.
- Uniforms are to standard – managers and associates.
- Name tags clean and professionally presented.
- Approved music playing.
- Franchisee provided completed quarterly marketing plan to coach by submission deadline.
- Competitive analysis completed in the last 12 months, using the proper form.
- Franchisee has used the approved forecasting tool for their marketing plan during high season.
- Franchisee submitted up-to-date crisis communication plan.
- Franchisee has the marketing collatoral required to execute on their marketing plan (coupons, signage, giveaways)
- Franchisee doing a live event during high season.
- Franchisee taking part in community events during high season.
- Franchisee has visited 5-10 local businesses to connect with the community.
- Marketing plan identifies a budget each month.
- Current national promotions leveraged in marketing plans.
- Current national platforms leveraged in marketing plans.
- Staff meetings are scheduled to review upcoming promotions.
- Franchisee and/or marketing staff attended any required training.
Read more on Marketing Audit Questions here