The Manager, International Marketing, is responsible for managing internal and external communications, and maintaining a master communications schedule.
In addition, he/she is responsible with managing projects for Marketing and Operations initiatives, including administration and timeline management.
Additionally, he/she serves as the primary planner for the International team at our annual Company Convention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Serve as primary source of communication of GNC International to internal and external partners
· Compose and disseminate emails, memos and presentations as required.
· Update bi-monthly Guides and Guidebooks, as required.
· Create and Maintain communication calendar of scheduled communications and interface with multiple departments to ensure timely delivery
· Publish materials on Franchise Partner Intranet site, FTP and/or cloud-based file sharing service
· Communicate priorities and timelines to all on a daily basis and as required. Partner with internal team to ensure that the necessary resources are available and make recommendations as needed
· Manage any outsourced translations according to budget and time
Project Management (projects include Asset Creation, Approval Processes, etc)
· Draft and Maintain project timelines for initiatives - detailing specific tasks, responsible parties and deliverables
· Closely monitor timelines and task completion in order to keep priorities on schedule
· Conduct and lead project team calls as needed – hold team members accountable
· Troubleshoot timeline issues and partner to find resolution in order to stay on deadline for all projects.
· Support strategic initiatives of Marketing Director (Partner Marketing, Loyalty Program, eCommerce) by managing project workflows, communications and research
· Maintain milestone calendar for department, inclusive of dates and timelines for:
o Long-term asset creation projects: International Asset kits, major strategic initiatives
o Short-term asset creation projects: New Platform & new items launches, Campaigns
· Support process and procedures to accomplish strategic marketing objectives
· Manage all marketing operations to ensure continuous workflow
· Field International Partner requests for support and materials
· Serve as primary planner for International team at annual Company Convention
o Work with domestic team planners and on-site hotel teams to coordinate meeting rooms, hotel room registrations, meals, private events, tours and transportation, etc.
o Create and distribution associated communications and invitations
o Coordinate logistics and content for key International events (Update sessions, Awards, country meetings)
o Provide on-site support throughout event
o Complete additional duties involving Training, Translations, Customer Service and others
o Special Projects as necessary
Influences several internal cross-functional partners
· 5+ years of relevant corporate communications
· Prior experience and proven skills in Project Management
· Proficient with workflow software
· Working knowledge of graphic design process and outputs
· Knowledge of digital asset management systems and cloud-based file sharing systems
· Proven track record of strong decision-making skills
· Experience in influencing and leading a team
· Foreign language skills are a plus (especially Spanish)
Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications or Public Relations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization, as well as external business partners.
· Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple fast-paced, high priority projects simultaneously and ability to meet deadlines. High stress tolerance.
· Exceptional project management skills
· Critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Customer focused thinking
· Strong verbal and business writing communication skills
· Presentation skills
· Organization and time management skills. Ability to delegate
· Microsoft office proficiency, specifically in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Basic Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Possible travel required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job functions, which are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.